LEARN COMEDY, HAVE FUNNY
Arcade Comedy Theater Internship Program
Interning is a great option for our Arcade Academy students looking to offset part/all of the cost of tuition, in exchange for volunteering to work at our theater. It is also a unique opportunity to enrich your comedy education, learn customer-service skills, make professional contacts, and become a more active member in our theater community!
How does it work?
- Immediately pay a non-refundable $15 internship fee
- Receive 1 complimentary Arcade Intern t-shirt, which is yours to keep no matter what!
- Must attend a mandatory training session at the start of your class term
- 2018 Training Dates: July 15, August 19, October 21 (10AM-2PM)
- Must have ample availability on Friday and Saturday nights
- While there are a limited number of shows weeknights, Sunday nights, and weekend afternoons, the majority of Arcade programming is on weekend nights. As such, having limited ability on Friday and Saturday nights will prevent you from being accepted as an Arcade intern
- Volunteer to work eighteen (18) shows
- Pay $0 in class tuition
- Volunteer to work nine (9) shows
- Pay 1/2 the full price of class tuition
EXAMPLES OF DIFFERENT INTERN “SHIFTS”
- A Friday night typically has 3 shows, at 8, 9, 10. Interns arrive at 7PM (one hour before the first show), stay until approximately 12AM. They have accumulated 3 “intern credits” in 5 hours, in one night.
- A Sunday night typically has 1 show at 7PM. Interns arrive at 6PM and stay until approximately 9PM. They have accumulated 1 “intern credit” in 3 hours, in one night.
*these are examples—show schedules vary month to month, and intern shifts vary with them!
THE FINE PRINT!
Internships are not official until you’ve been contacted by Arcade’s Internship Manager. If, for any reason, you’re unable to complete your commitment as an intern*, you will be required to pay full-price for your class. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave class/not take part in the class show. Full interns pay the full price of class, partial interns pay their remaining half. This is regardless of number of shifts worked-to-date.
*Reasons why interns do not complete internships/may be asked to leave include, but are not limited to:
- Falling too far behind on # of shifts worked
- Lack of availability for shifts
- Significant lack of customer-service skills, not being presentable to patrons, etc.
- Interpersonal issues
Check Out Our Classes
Ready to jump in? Internships are offered for our 8-week classes, which are offered during five sessions throughout the year.